Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Road Trip Day #2 - SLC with the Family

Terrill and I had a nice stay in Elko and were up at the crack of dawn driving again! Yah!!! We arrived in Salt Lake around 11:00, where we stopped at the Primary Children's Hospital to see my Sis, Hudson and Tessa. (the reason why they were at the hospital was because one of Jason's sisters kids accidentally took some of her brothers strong liquid sleeping medication and had to be helicoptered to the hospital! Luckily she is doing well and will go home soon) My sister had been in Utah visiting my mom over the weekend and was planning on leaving early this morning with her sister and mother-in-law. On the way out of town they stopped at the hospital this morning but my Sister couldn't bring her kids into the ICU so she had to just hang out in the car. Fortunately, we were able to stop and hang out with them for about 45 minutes in the parking lot at the Primary Children's Hospital!! The pics below were taken at the top floor of the parking garage at the hospital.


We arrived to my Moms house around 12:30. She had to work until about 2:30 so I decided to go running of course. I did the temple run which is basically about 2 miles of straight uphill to the bountiful temple and then back down. It was about 95 degrees and I thought I was going to die but it was fun!!

When my mom and brother got home, my mom made a wonderful dinner! It was delicious and was one of the last homemade meals Terrill and I will get in a while! WE then went to seven 11 and got Icee's and visited my Dad's grave. It is so nice to be able to stop here tonight and not have to stay in a hotel. Thanks mom!!!


Tomorrow we are doing the longest part of our trip. We will end up in Des Moines, Iowa!!

1 comment:

  1. LOVED reading about the road trips (trip).

    ReplyDelete