So with the babies due date one week away, I really need to update our blog with information about Mason! He is really such a joy to be around and I LOVE being his mommy. I wanted to get a few pictures of him at the park today, but honestly he wont ever look at me when I try to take a picture of him. So pretty much none of these involve him looking into the camera. Oh-well.
Fun things about him:
- He has gone from calling us Mommy and Daddy to Mom and Dad
- He loves jumping, running and doing somersaults
- When I ask him if he likes something he will say, "I do mom, I really do"
- He can count to 20 and loves counting his toys
- He can play with trucks for hours - by himself
- He loves books and likes to read 'all by himself'
- When he tells us something goofy he will say he is 'just kiddin'
- We think he is going to love being a big brother!
- He asks for Daddy every morning when he wakes up
- He loves to sing any song, but some of his favorites are Old MacDonald and Twinkle Twinkle Little Start
- He loves talking about his owies
- He is still in a crib and hasn't tried to climb out!
- He is getting more independent every day - he can put on and take off some of his pants, clear his dishes, get his own silverware, put on some of his shoes and brush his teeth (not that thoroughly)
- He has such a happy, sweet demeanor and is very compassionate
Some things that might not be that fun:
- When he is frustrated he always resorts to the phrase 'stop it' which we don't like!
- He is starting to fight naps EVERY day
- Still doesn't have much interest in the potty
- He loves to dump out his toys for NO good reason.... ugh
Monday, May 5, 2014
Easter was awesome this year as Mason is getting old enough to enjoy things like Easter egg hunts and getting an Easter basket. We went with the Ball family the day before Easter to their Easter egg hunt and the kids loved that! Then on Easter morning, we did our own Easter egg hunt and had a spiritual thought about Christ. We had a yummy breakfast and spent time as a family. It was nice. After church we headed to the Wolf's for an Easter feast! Laurie also organized an awesome Easter egg hunt for the kids where each child was assigned a certain colored egg to collect. It was perfect. The whole weekend was so nice.
Sunday, May 4, 2014
So life has been so fun the last few months. I say fun because we haven't done anything out of the ordinary but being a mom to Mason has been such a joy. He is at such a fun age where he is actually obeying me and is basically my little buddy/helper where ever we go. Our days are often filled with hanging out with friends, going to the park, running errands and just getting things done around the house. This may seem boring to some but it all makes me so happy. I love being a mommy and I am trying to cherish this time I have with Mason for the next couple of weeks before baby girl comes!!