Mason is 5 years old and what a wonderful young man he is becoming. I want to jot down a few things about him that I never ever want to forget. First of all - he is so handsome! I mean look at this cute school picture. I am going to bullet point all my thoughts because it's easier!!
Some of the great!!
- Is a morning person, always first one awake (after mama) and always wakes up with a smile on his face full of energy for the day
- LOVES school, making new friends and being an obedient student. His teacher told me he is very polite and obedient, that he is thoughtful of others but doesn't let others walk all over him
- At 5 years old, he loves legos. He can't really follow directions yet to put together complex things but he does build things on his own and can play with them for hours
- He is suddenly obsessed with Star Wars, he spends every night before bed looking through his 3 Star Wars book (an encyclopedia of lego star wars figurines, short star wars stories and the original movie star wars book)
- Unfortunately his favorite characters are the bad guys - he loves Darth Vader (this makes me nervous)
- Every night at dinner we go around telling what we did nice for someone and he is always eager to share something, usually it's helping out another classmate pick up their lunch box or get their coat or help with something at school
- He is in 5T and 6T clothes
- 90% for height and 65% for weight
- He is a great eater - he will eat his dinner completely even if he doesn't love it, he eats fruits and doesn't love veggies but will eat them
- He savers his treats, he will stick them in his cupholder by his booster seat and have a little treat a day (just like his father and Maddie is the exact opposite)
- He is learning to pray with a little more thought and is learning the scriptures through a CD we listen too call Scripture scouts. A few times he has surprised us in FHE by telling US the story of the scriptures we are trying to explain and he says he learns it at church and Scripture scouts
- He really strives to do what is right
- He learned how to put his laundry in the washer and then fold it when it's done (doesn't mean he loves to do it but he does it!)
- Unloads the dishwasher whenever it is clean
- Makes his bed every morning
- Is in swim lessons and can do freestyle and partial back stroke (he doesn't loves it though)
- His best buddies are Logan Ball, Teddy Greenan and Gavin Mulliner and Jude Flemming (if he lived here)
Some of the not so great!!
- He started saying the word "hate" so we are working on reversing that
- He is still very possessive of his toys when it comes to playing with his sister... His "guys" are his prized possessions so we are working on him sharing his role play with her cause she always wants to be next to him
- I have to force him to do things like play games, work on letters and numbers, play learning games - he would rather play
- Sometimes when he role plays, he loves killing everything....working on that too!
We LOVE you so much Mason!!!