Sunday, February 3, 2013

DIY Stencil Cabinet

It's been a while since I have blogged.  January was filled with a lot of fun projects, a trip to Utah and the beginning of some warm weather!! Earlier this month I found an idea on http://www.thesassypepper.blogspot.com/2012/10/diy-furniture-stenciling.html to redo a new TV stand.  I found a cabinet on craigslist for $30 and started to get to work.  

Before


After


Here are some of the steps I did.

1. Painted the whole thing white.  1 coat of primer and 2 coats of white paint.


2.  Stenciled the doors.  I used a martha stewart stencil from Amazon.  As you can see the one that I took a picture of didn't work and I ended up using a different color and stencil.


3. Then I did 2 coats of varnish on the whole thing.


3.  The finished product with the TV on it! The color I ended up using is the color of our walls so it worked out well!




4 comments:

  1. That turned out darling! I've always been afraid of painting/refinishing furniture...you make it look easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Em! I wish we lived closer so we could do those functionally crafty things together!

    ReplyDelete