Saturday, April 9, 2016

Playing Catch up - December Activities

It's time for me to play a little catch up before I get too far into 2016!! Back in December we were able to do a lot of fun and fulfilling things as a family.  Each year on the first weekend in December we try to take the kids up to the temple to set our sites on what Christmas is really all about.  We bring hot chocolate and enjoy the beautiful lights.  This time we invited friends along.

A few other things we enjoyed were our ward Christmas party, Christmas themed music makers and seeing the tree lighting in San Ramon.  My mom came for Christmas this year which was really nice and we celebrated Christmas eve with the Wolf's.  While my mom was here, we went and looked at local Christmas lights and did puzzles.  It was so much fun! A tradition we started with Mason was the Elf on the Shelf.  He LOVED it and is still talks about how he dreams about Frank (that's what we named our Elf).   

Christmas is a wonderful time to reflect on the Savior and his love for us.  I still can't imagine what he suffered for us.  I really don't get it.  It makes me so grateful for my many blessings.  I have 2 beautiful, healthy children and a husband who I love more today than the day we got married.  I really have felt the Lord's hand in my life and I am so grateful for that. 















No comments:

Post a Comment