Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Hawaii / Oahu Day 3 & 4

On Friday we googled easy places to learn how to surf and I found a beach called White Plain's beach which was about 40 minutes from our hotel.  It's an old military beach that is now accessible to everyone.  It got great reviews and there were surfboard rentals on the beach so we decided to try it out.  WELL, we got there and the water was perfect and the waves were slow and rolling.  Perfect for beginners like us,  BUT the rentals were only for military personnel - oops!! We were totally bummed but decided to come back the next day and try it out.  After the beach that day we went to a near by shopping center.  We got some board shorts for Terrill and then I got a mani/pedi while he got ice cream and read.  I promise, I didn't just abandon him.  He was totally fine just hanging out while I did that, in fact he insisted on it! We went to Domino's for dinner and went to the pool at the hotel.  Overall, another amazing day in Hawaii.

On Saturday we got our boards from a local shop with a great price for rental's, loaded them up in the Jeep (so glad we upgraded!) and headed to White Plains.  I was so excited!! A little nervous being that I am 26 weeks pregnant but I knew it would be okay.  When we got to the beach it was pretty crowded because it was Saturday, but we found a spot and headed out there.  Originally Terrill and I went out together but we kind of went our seperate ways while we were out there.  It was so much fun trying to figure things out.  Here is why it was fun and not scary - the waves were small, constantly rolling in, the water was shallow and there was practically no current.  It was the perfect, most intimidating place to learn!  I was able to get up and stay up a total of 3 times which I was proud of.  Terrill did the same. Let me tell you, it was quite the workout.  I was exhausted and I would only stay out for about 30 minutes at a time because I didn't want to keep squishing the baby.  Terrill was more determined than I was and stayed out much longer.  Mid-afternoon we headed back to our hotel to get ready for our anniversary dinner.  Terrill planned a wonderful evening.  We went to the Hula Grill for dinner and then a comedy show afterwards.  The restaurant even had a gluten free menu which was really nice.  Dinner was amazing and the comedy show was even better.  The comedy was pretty clean and kept us laughing for 2 hours.  How could you not love that?  I am so lucky to have Terrill.  He treats me so well.  I only hope he can say the same of me.






No comments:

Post a Comment