Sunday, May 15, 2011

20 Mile Back Packing Trip with the Scouts

On April 29th bright and early in the morning, Terrill and I joined the scouts on a backpacking trip on the Appalachian trail starting at the Delaware Water Gap. The night before was a little hectic trying to get everything packed in our bags just the right way. The weather report was calling for rain but we were hoping it wouldn't start until the next day. We started on the trail around 9:00am. The boys were very up beat and excited about going. We rested a long the way, got lost once or twice, got to see beautiful views and had a very enjoyable time. The terrain was very rocky and there were some good sized hills. It was challenging to say the least. On day one we covered 12 miles and happened to come upon a campsite with platforms for tents and a designated area for a camp fire. I was completely exhausted by the end of the day so Terrill and I went to bed around 9:00pm. The next day was crazy. It rained all night and I was having a hard time motivating myself to have a good attitude, but we set out and it didn't really rain that much on us and for that I was grateful! We arrived back at the cars around 2:00ish and got to see some beautiful views! It was a great experience.

Day 1









Yep... Drinking lake water

Day 2


The happy bunch all bundled up for the hike!


Is it odd to be completely grateful of this disgusting site? Honestly, it was way better than what nature had to offer!




Finally Finished!

1 comment:

  1. Okay you are wonder woman! I NEVER would have been able to go hiking when I was pregnant! Not just the morning sickness, but I would have had to stop and pee too much!

    ReplyDelete