Monday, September 20, 2010

Exploring NYC

On Saturday the 18th we went into NYC. We attended the temple in the morning. Then we were off to explore the city! It was a lot of fun. We first walked towards central park. On the way we stopped in a few shops to look around. We walked through a farmers market and a pretty nice part of town with some cool apartment complexes.







Then we headed to subway to grab some sandwiches to eat in the park. Once we got to central park, we walked around a while. It is huge and filled with all sorts of things. We saw people running, biking, singing, dancing, laying out, playing volleyball and hula hooping...it was awesome! I love seeing all different walks of life.






Crazy Hula Hoop Ladies







Sitting eating lunch and watching a volleyball game



After eating lunch in the park, we walked down to ground zero and then to wall street. Ground zero was crazy! I can't believe how much work they are still doing 9 years later. It was crazy to think that the twin towers used to be there. I was in the twin towers 3 months before 9/11. We went all the way up to the top and I remember looking out at the top and thinking about how high it was. It was truly amazing. I pray for all the families that lost loved ones in that tragic experience.



This beam was taken from some of the rubble and is now a mini memorial.



This is what ground zero looks like today. Still so much work to do!



This is one of the sky scrapers they are building around ground zero.

We walked down to the financial district. I like walking down there because I always thought it would be so cool to work on Wall Street. Obviously it wasn't in the cards for me at this point in my life, but it is still cool to see all the massive banks and New York Stock Exchange.





Wall Street


5 comments:

  1. Looks exciting! You are Terrill are always doing something fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! We are going to be in New York October 7-13th we should try to get together! email me if you'll be around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Is the NY Temple the closest one to you guys? Where are you living again?

    I can't believe all the stuff at Ground Zero - everything that happened on 9/11 is still surreal to me and it was 9 years ago! Crazy.

    Oh .. and I love the new look to your blog .. super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pictures of New York always seem like they're out of a story book. Looks like a great visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are so cute. We need to get together to play the Cash Flows Game sometime!

    ReplyDelete