Saturday, December 28, 2013

John's Homecoming, Visit and Mason's 2nd Birthday!

John is home from his Mission!! He came home on November 6, 2013.  It was such an exciting day! That morning my sister and I took the kids to get haircuts.  Then we headed over to the airport with my mom.  We were all so excited and each time a missionary came down the stairs we would get really excited only to realize it was someone else's missionary!  Finally he came down and it was so wonderful to see him in person!! We all gave big hugs and took tons of pictures.  He looked a lot older and seemed so happy!

The rest of the week was spent catching up with him, going to the temple, eating family meals together and just enjoying each others company.

After we left, my mom and brother flew out here to see all of my moms family.  On Saturday November 16th, I threw a little party for him where I decorated the house in Canada themed things and posted tons of pictures from his mission.  We had a great dinner with some appetizers specially from Canada.  The whole night was awesome.  The rest of his visit was packed with a ton of fun outings.  We went to Santa Cruz and saw the Monarch butterflies, Beach, San Francisco and the Jelly Belly Factory.  I was exhausted by the end of each day to say the least, but it was a lot of fun! We also played games and John even made fresh squeezed orange juice for us from oranges from my neighbors tree.  Overall it was an awesome visit and we missed having him around.  
















No comments:

Post a Comment