Monday, April 8, 2013

Anniversary Getaway April 4, 2013

We had the most AMAZING weekend this past weekend when Terrill and I headed to Bodega Bay for  our 4 year anniversary.  Terrill surprised me and I didn't know where we were going until we got in the car to leave.  I LOVED that.  We dropped Mason off with Grandma Wolf, and headed out of town around 7:30pm.  Our hotel was right across the street from the bay and you could see the whole bay from our window.  Terrill planned some fun things for us to do, which included going to see Fort Ross (an old Russian settlement up the coast), eating out at yummy seafood restaurants, taking a walk along the beach that had beautiful views, canoeing (but it rained so we decided not to do this), window shopping in Petaluma and just relaxing by the pool and hot tub.  It was so nice in some ways to just be alone, we were able to pack light, and not worry about Mason's schedule at all.   I mean it was just so much fun to just be together!! I think a short getaway would be so nice to do at least once a year.  We also watched the movie "The Birds", an old Alfred Hitchcock movie that was filmed in Bodega Bay.  When our trip came to an end, I was totally satisfied with how much time we had and all that we got to do, I was SO excited to see Mason.  But guess what?? He wouldn't even have anything to do with me when we went to pick him up. I guess Grandma and Grandpa's house is just too much fun. I am so glad he loves them so much and loves it there.  Don't worry, he gave me lots of kisses before he went to sleep that night :)  Thanks so much Laurie, Rudy and Ashley for watching him.  We love you guys so much! Sorry in advance for the picture overload.


view from the hotel room


fort ross historical site 







another view from our hotel room




kiss kiss





2 comments:

  1. Good for you! And good for Terrill for planning it!!! I'm a firm believer in at least one, maybe two, weekend getaways without kids a year! It's so good to have the time alone to focus on each other and not have to worry about kids, schedules, or anything else! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what gorgeous views from your hotel room! I am glad you had a couples getaway. Todd and I usually do that once a year or so, and it is so renewing. Sometimes you need that time to be a girlfriend instead of a mom. I'm glad you had a good attitude about Mason's reaction to you when you got back. He'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete