Friday, November 18, 2011

Mason Anderson Wolf 11/9/2011

This is coming a little late but honestly I feel like I have no time! haha. I always heard moms say this but never fully understood until now :)  Mason Anderson Wolf was born on his due date (11/9/2011).  Weighing in at 7lbs 13ozs and is 21 1/2 inches long.  He is the best baby in the world and Terrill and I are just in love with this little man.

The labor and deliver went something like this.  Tuesday night (11/9/2011)  I thought that my water had broke. So I called the hospital.  They told me to monitor it for a few hours and then come in to be tested.  They did a couple of tests and concluded that I had a high leak and since the tests weren't coming out clearly negative they would have to induce my labor.  I was honestly very worried about this because I had heard horror stories of women who were induced and in labor for 30 hours or more.  This was something I REALLY didn't want to happen.  Whether I liked it or not, I was going to be induced and we were going to have the baby sometime soon! At 11:45pm they induced me and started me on the petocin. The contractions weren't that strong but painful and coming every 2-5 minutes.  I felt nauseous and couldn't sleep much so I watched movies the whole night.  At 3:00am my contractions became more painful and I could feel them more regularly.  I felt like I couldn't get comfortable and kept telling myself to relax because I knew they were going to get much worse.  At 7:30am the doctor checked me.  I was only dilated to a 3 and 70% effaced so I was slightly disappointed that my body hadn't progressed further.  The nurse asked me if I wanted an epidural and that if I didn't get it now, the anesthesiologist would be tied up for the next 2 1/2 hours so I would have to wait until he was done to get the epidural.  I thought to myself "pain or no pain?" Let's just say it wasn't a hard decision to make.  I decided to get the epidural even though it was a little early, I figured I didn't want to wait the 2 1/2 hours to get it later.  It was AWESOME. Minus the fact that my legs were completely numb and I couldn't move them but I would rather have that than the pain.  At 10:00am they officially broke my water and I was at a 4 at that point. When they checked me again at 11:00am I was at a 5.  I was able to sleep and get some rest.  By 2:00pm I was dilated to a 9.5 and 100% effaced.  Things were progressing and I was getting excited!  By 3:15pm I was at a 10 and they wanted me to start pushing soon.  By 3:40 I was pushing and at 4:34pm he was born.  It was an amazing experience and so crazy to know that he was finally here.  It was such an incredible feeling to know he was born and the first time I held him is something I will never forget. We are both in love with this little man.  When he came out he wasn't crying.  The nurses checked everything and even gave him his shots and determined everything was fine but said they just couldn't get him to cry.  Mason has a very sweet demeanor.  He doesn't cry much and I love being his mommy. He has the cutest facial expressions and is just so sweet.  We feel so blessed to have a healthy baby boy!!!













9 comments:

  1. So cute! Congratulations! I loved the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Gosh Emily! He is perfect! And so beautiful! Isn't it the most amazing feeling holding your first born in your arms, it never gets old. Congratulations! You look fabulous as well!!
    xoxo
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, he is the cutest newborn I've ever seen! You look fantastic as well, Emily. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! That kid is such a Kenning! Sorry Terrill. I think Mason looks just like John. Has anyone else said this? Congrats!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute baby! I can't wait to see him for real! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister was looking over my shoulder when I was looking at this post and she said, "Wow, that is a cute baby." I'd have to agree! And I'm not surprised he has a calm demeanor, considering his parents. I'm glad to hear it went pretty smoothly and that you and Mason are healthy & happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! We need to grab lunch sometime or something!!

    ReplyDelete